This time of year is always tricky. We love ALL of our authors and it’s tough to pick only six pieces out of the more than 60 that we publish each year. But it is also an honor and a delight to be able to make six writers very happy by valuing their fine, hard work.
After much deliberation, here are our 2017 Pushcart Nominations (in no particular order):
- 1) “Fetal Decision,” a flash by Barry Friesen, published April 2016
- 2) “The Talking Cure,” a poem by Sarah Fawn Montgomery, published April 2016
- 3) “Weightless,” a flash by Glenn Miller, published October 2016
- 4) “Care Packages,” a short story by Jerri Bell, published July 2016
- 5) “Flame,” a short story by Chloe Ackerman, published January 2016
- 6) “What to Do On a Day Like This,” an essay by Danielle Kelly, published July 2016
Congratulations all, and GOOD LUCK!