Our nominations are in! We published a total of 56 wonderful pieces in poetry, fiction, essay, and flash this year and it was a tough decision to find only six (the maximum allowed) to nominate. Thank you to all the writers who shared their fine work with us this year. I wish we could nominate you all. But decisions were required and so I consulted with my hardworking editors and together we came up with a list that took into account our personal favorites, and also the tastes of the Pushcart editors (based on past editions) as well as making sure each genre that we publish was represented. We were very essay-heavy this year–we’re feeling fortunate to have so MANY wonderful essayists trust us with their work.
Here’s the list of what we’re nominating:
1) “Grip,” a flash by Kathy Fish
2) “The Way it Really Was,” a poem by Ann Goldsmith
3) “Nine Months of Peanut Butter,” an essay by Sara Dutilly
4) “Laundry,” an essay by Kate McCorkle
5) “The West Elm Sofa,” an essay by David Alasdair
6) “Rules,” a short story by Laura Moretz
Congratulations to the authors and again, a big thank you to my wonderful staff of readers and editors. I truly couldn’t manage this labor of love without your contributions of time, energy, and literary stewardship. Onward to 2016!